Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Holding A Glass Of Water Story

After reading the holding a glass of water story you are definitely going to get inspired and will feel highly motivated and relaxed. 

Holding A Glass Of Water Story


A long time ago, there lived a psychology professor in the city of California. He once strolled around on a stage while teaching stress management lessons to an auditorium fully occupied with students.  As he raised a glass of water, everyone thought " the professor will going to ask as usual the typical “glass half vacant or half-filled” query.  Rather, with a little smile on his face, the professor asked, “Can anyone say the weight of the glass I’m holding?”

Many students yelled out answers starting from six ounces to two or three pounds.

He answered, "From my viewpoint, I don't think the real weight of this glass doesn't make a difference. Everything relies upon how long I hold it. Looking at the fact that if I hold it for a moment or two, it's genuinely light. Furthermore, if  I hold it for an hour in a row, its weight may make my arm hurt a bit. But if I hold it for a day in a row, my arm will probably seize up and feel totally numb and incapacitated, constraining me to drop the glass to the floor.  For each situation, the heaviness of the glass doesn't change, however, the more I hold it, the heavier it feels to me.”

As the class shook their heads in understanding, he proceeded, “Your anxieties and stresses in life are a lot of like this glass of water. Consider them for some time and nothing occurs. If you continue to think about them a little more and you begin to ache a bit. Later on, if you continue to think about them all day long, and you will feel completely numb and paralyzed – incapable of doing anything else until you drop them.”


Final Thoughts:  

It’s very necessary to make sure to let go of your burdens and stresses. Regardless of what happens during the whole day, try as early as possible until the evening to put all your stresses down.  Try not to carry your worries through the night and for the next day with you.  If you continue to feel the burden of yesterday’s stress, it's a solid sign that it's an ideal opportunity to put the glass down. 

It's not stress that kills you, it is our response to it.

 

Post a Comment

0 Comments